Gun shops in Frankfurt worth visiting.

Put any topics that do not fit elsewhere in this forum. A good place to just BS.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

Vaughan

Re: Gun shops in Frankfurt worth visiting.

Post by Vaughan »

Rod wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:21 am
Vaughan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:20 am
Rod wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:18 pm Well…tickets to Norway have been booked. Looks like I’m going to visit Svalbard 🥳 in the Summer of 2023. I will be transiting through Frankfurt and will have three days there on the return leg. So, are there any gun shops or maybe a range (running target) that would be worth checking out ?

Thanks

Rod
The wife was on Svalbard back in the beginning of September for a conference. Absolutely loved it! Mind you, she is a twitcher, and they're an odd lot.... Pity you're on the wrong side of the peninsular or we might have found a running paper moose for you to shoot at.
I’m really looking forward to visiting Svalbard….we visited Norway, Sweden and Denmark a few years ago and really enjoyed the place. We did the trip from Bergen to Kirkeness and back on a Hurtigtuten ship. Was bloody unbelievable. My favourite part was driving around Sweden for a week. Apart from the arguments with the wife about me driving on the wrong side of the road and getting continually geographically embarrassed. Was great….essentially the area around Motala. We were going to visit Sweden again…..but we don’t have enough time. This trip is just an opportunistic trip….take your travel credit now or loose it. I need to get back home in time to put my gear together and to get to BC for my moose hunt 🥳

Hopefully one day I’ll get back to Sweden and kill some running paper moose 👍

Cheers Rod
How on earth did you end up in the area around Motala? Although, granted, those big lakes are something to see for an Aussie.
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Vaughan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:35 am
Rod wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:21 am
Vaughan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:20 am
The wife was on Svalbard back in the beginning of September for a conference. Absolutely loved it! Mind you, she is a twitcher, and they're an odd lot.... Pity you're on the wrong side of the peninsular or we might have found a running paper moose for you to shoot at.
I’m really looking forward to visiting Svalbard….we visited Norway, Sweden and Denmark a few years ago and really enjoyed the place. We did the trip from Bergen to Kirkeness and back on a Hurtigtuten ship. Was bloody unbelievable. My favourite part was driving around Sweden for a week. Apart from the arguments with the wife about me driving on the wrong side of the road and getting continually geographically embarrassed. Was great….essentially the area around Motala. We were going to visit Sweden again…..but we don’t have enough time. This trip is just an opportunistic trip….take your travel credit now or loose it. I need to get back home in time to put my gear together and to get to BC for my moose hunt 🥳

Hopefully one day I’ll get back to Sweden and kill some running paper moose 👍

Cheers Rod
How on earth did you end up in the area around Motala? Although, granted, those big lakes are something to see for an Aussie.
Hired a car in Stockholm and just drove out. Got lost 😂 ended up driving on dirt roads, through forests and around lakes and farm land. Saw heaps of deer…fallow and roe and eventually got to Motala. Stayed in a hotel in the town centre (near the church with the musical bells) and used that as our base for 3 nights. Beautiful weather, beautiful country side and great locals. Saw those locks on the Gota canel. Drank expensive beer and had a bloody great time. I’m planning on doing the Gots canel cruise/ boat trip before I die. Even Stockholm was great….filthy, but beautiful 👍

Rod

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

Hired a car in Stockholm and just drove out. Got lost 😂 ended up driving on dirt roads, through forests and around lakes and farm land. Saw heaps of deer…fallow and roe and eventually got to Motala. Stayed in a hotel in the town centre (near the church with the musical bells) and used that as our base for 3 nights. Beautiful weather, beautiful country side and great locals. Saw those locks on the Gota canel. Drank expensive beer and had a bloody great time. I’m planning on doing the Gots canel cruise/ boat trip before I die. Even Stockholm was great….filthy, but beautiful 👍

Rod
Yeah, that would be about the only way you would end up there..... :lol: :lol: A river boat cruise? Just kill me.... :doh: I agree about the countryside. Bloody great place. I've spent 3 decades poking about the northern half of the country (took me 10 years to get around to looking at Stockholm - haven't been back) and there is a lot of sameness, just like every country, but gee there are some nice spots and helicopters are your friend.... not that you can ever really get away from every other bugger also trying to get away...
/Vaughan

Real dogs have beards

Dom

Post by Dom »

As far as shooting at running targets, there is an indoor Schiesskino near Frankfurt that I've shot at many times. But, as I was stationed near there, we always had our own weapons that we took with us. If you know German, you could check their website and call them with any questions. They probably even speak some English, though that is not a given. This range is indoors, and shots are taken at films, with ability to mark your shot, as well as stop and review. I do not know if they have weapons you could use. Lots of these rules come down to insurance and liability, as hunters in Germany are all insured for millions of Euro, but a visitor would be required to purchase a day insurance or some other sort. Enjoy Frankfurt, and like said, you have time to take a trip to Frankonia in Darmstadt to view some goods, I've bought lots of stuff there 8-) Waidmannsheil, Dom.

Hitpoint Schiessking Gmbh, Bahnstraße 51, 61449 Steinbach (Taunus), Germany

Link to Site: https://hitpoint-frankfurt.de/
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Kind of like the guy that wanted to buy some Blaser parts in Europe. I don't know that you can shootin a schiessenkino without jagdschein or sportwaffen licenses and insurance. I rented a rifle to shoot in a Schiessenkino about an hour north of Baumholder I don't remember the name of it. I had a hunting invitation before I had a rifle, had my jagdschein but I had never been to a drive hunt. So I had to go up there to practice.

I think Blaser also has a schiessenkino in Isny. But it is a long damn ways from Frankfurt to Isny if you aren't renting a car and staying a few days.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Thanks Dom and Gamsjagd.

Rod

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

The Darmstadt Frankonia is a treasure. Darmstadt sucks though. Closest thing to a Ghetto part of town near Frankfurt.

If you can figure out the trains and he is open Waffen Walther is one of the best gunshops that is not a Frankonia around. He is Bad Durkheim. He has the most guns of anyone I saw other than Living Active

For Munich Waffen Oberhammer is really nice. https://oberhammer-jagd.de/

Biggest shop I know of in Germany is Living Active in Hans-Wilhelmi-Straße 1 66386 Sankt Ingbert near the French border in Saarland. They have a new store, but it was my favorite location to buy things. I'd do a Frankonia Bexbach/Living Active run after work and have currywurst at the shop across fron Frankonia on my way home. Then she would shake me down and check my truck for purchases.

There might be a Frankonia that is bigger, maybe Nurnberg. Just heard about it never went there.

My local Frankonia was Bexbach. Nice store, but the Darmstadt store has the best selection of German Hunting clothing.

Pigeon
Pro Staff

Post by Pigeon »

seeing this post lately, but if You are close to Frankfurt - You could call me and come for a cup of coffee in my shop... I am located about 40km south of Frankfurt (about 1h ride by train) www.titanium-gunworks.com

Shooting cinema is found in Wiesbaden and Camberg, but I don't have names at hand...

BR Klaus
life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
http://www.titanium-gunworks.com

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Pigeon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:42 am seeing this post lately, but if You are close to Frankfurt - You could call me and come for a cup of coffee in my shop... I am located about 40km south of Frankfurt (about 1h ride by train) www.titanium-gunworks.com

Shooting cinema is found in Wiesbaden and Camberg, but I don't have names at hand...

BR Klaus
Thanks Klaus.

I will be in Frankfurt from the evening of the 2nd August to the evening of the 5th.

Probably staying in the city centre. If I get the opportunity I’ll take up your offer and buy you a coffee. I’d love to have a chat.

Thanks
Rod

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

Gamsjagd wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:29 am The Darmstadt Frankonia is a treasure. Darmstadt sucks though. Closest thing to a Ghetto part of town near Frankfurt.

If you can figure out the trains and he is open Waffen Walther is one of the best gunshops that is not a Frankonia around. He is Bad Durkheim. He has the most guns of anyone I saw other than Living Active

For Munich Waffen Oberhammer is really nice. https://oberhammer-jagd.de/

Biggest shop I know of in Germany is Living Active in Hans-Wilhelmi-Straße 1 66386 Sankt Ingbert near the French border in Saarland. They have a new store, but it was my favorite location to buy things. I'd do a Frankonia Bexbach/Living Active run after work and have currywurst at the shop across fron Frankonia on my way home. Then she would shake me down and check my truck for purchases.

There might be a Frankonia that is bigger, maybe Nurnberg. Just heard about it never went there.

My local Frankonia was Bexbach. Nice store, but the Darmstadt store has the best selection of German Hunting clothing.
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Rod

Gamsjagd
Meister der jagd

Post by Gamsjagd »

Pigeon wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:42 am seeing this post lately, but if You are close to Frankfurt - You could call me and come for a cup of coffee in my shop... I am located about 40km south of Frankfurt (about 1h ride by train) www.titanium-gunworks.com

BR Klaus
Klaus,

I should have been to see you when I lived there. I was between Blaser ownerships and wasn't doing much on the site.

Next time I get another job in Germany I'll be in touch.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

G’day Klaus, I’m afraid I’m running out of time and a visit is not going to happen. I’m a bit surprised by the size of Frankfurt and I have to admit that if it wasn’t for google maps I’d be completely lost.
IMG_5279.jpeg
Another thing I’ve learnt about Germans is that they do beer very well.

Rod
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

They certainly do Rod, and Paulaner Dunkel is a lovely drop…

Prost.. :dance:
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Rod
Meister der jagd

Post by Rod »

9.3x64 wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 4:36 pm They certainly do Rod, and Paulaner Dunkel is a lovely drop…

Prost.. :dance:
Yeah mate. Can’t say I’ve had a bad beer the whole trip. Beer is cheap enough in Germany too.

Best beer for the trip IMO has been a Norwegian IPA (Mack, pronounced Muck) . Brewed in Tromso ….,,bloody expensive country is Norway.

Photo is not of their IPA but another of their brews which was pretty good.
IMG_5015.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dom

Post by Dom »

If time permits, Gottfried Prechtl makes world class Mausers down in Birkenau, about an hour South of Frankfurt. I visited there often, and that's where I always purchased my powders for reloading. He is an accomplished Gunsmith!

Waffen G. Prechtl
Auf d. Aue 3
69488 Birkenau

https://www.prechtl-waffen.de/jagdwaffen
-------- There are those who only reload so they can shoot, and then there are those who only shoot so they can reload. I belong to the first group. Dom --------------

Return to “Open discussion”