Remington is filing for Bankruptcy

Industry news, and new product releases.

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, SPEEDY

SPEEDY

Re: Remington is filing for Bankruptcy

Post by SPEEDY »

What I see as the death fall of firearms manufactures is the budget market, its a big market but margins are slim and competition is intense.
There are only so many cheap guns you can sell and they last forever if looked after. So I figured that making reasonably affordable and quality products is better then a mountain of cheap things that make little proffit.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

I agree Speedy. Once a product becomes commoditized it then becomes a race to the bottom with regards to price and quality. You would think if Remington still owns their ammunition business that would be a huge money maker for them at least. Even cheaper firearms in this county were once valued and passed from older to younger brothers, fathers to sons etc. I guess living in a world with this many choices , albeit some cheap ones, isn't all bad. We can decide to buy quality or not, I guess that's why we congregate here and talk about our favorite Blaser, Mauser, Sauer etc.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

That is the thing, ammunition is where you make the most money, well the most repeatable money anyway.
Someone my own a couple of cheap rifles but they might go through a lot of ammunition in a year, but only once.
I think budget but reliable and effective slugs and buckshot would be a big earner, thay are over cost IMO.

A slug is usually only an oz of lead but lead shot is 32-42gm of lead. So why do they cost 2-3 times as much?
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

Return to “Industry News”