A problem with US customs inspection returning from Canada.

A place to discuss regulations, or the over regulation in most case, that our members have to deal with in their respective countries. Hopefully discussion will lead to more rules based on common sense, rather than fears by the government.

Moderators: skeetshot, deerhunter338mag

WDMTex

A problem with US customs inspection returning from Canada.

Post by WDMTex »

I want to share a story of traveling on a moose hunt with my Blaser. What could go wrong? I had a great travel case made for me by Evolution Gear in Australia. (evolutiongear.com.au) The quality and protection are outstanding. You can see that in the first photo. When US Customs opened my case to check the firearm in Canada they pulled out foam that was taped down. They didn't invite/permit me to make sure things were back property and just locked the case and sent it to the aircraft. When I got home and opened my case I was shocked. The foam insert under my Swarovski DS ll was gone and the scope was resting on a tiny 2cm square of foam. Thanks to the quality of the case build the scope survived! As you can see the case was not handled gently either. I emailed the to order a new insert and received a reply from the CEO: "No worries, we will get a replacement foam insert for the scope shipped out to you shortly at no cost." What a great company!

MM
Meister der jagd

Re: A problem with US customs inspection returning from Canada.

Post by MM »

Did you return to the US through Toronto?

WDMTex

Re: A problem with US customs inspection returning from Canada.

Post by WDMTex »

Yes I returned via Pearson airport.

Return to “International Firearms Freedoms”