A&D FX120i and AutoTrickler V3

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

UPEgger

A&D FX120i and AutoTrickler V3

Post by UPEgger »

Starting to look at this unit. Currently have the RCBS Chargemaster Lite. Seems to "throw" very accurate charges of TAC, Benchmark, RL22. I also have a Denver Instrument MXX-123 that I have been using for 10+ years. Along with the MXX-123 I use a Redding powder measure and a manual trickier.

Lately I have found myself looking at a powder dispenser and scale combo: Auto Trickler V3 A&D FX120i. This combo unit appears to be extremely accurate. Kind of costly though. Anybody using this system and have comments on it?
I should add that almost 100% of my hunting shots and target shooting is 300 yards and under. Cartridges go from the 204 Ruger, 223 Rem 6XC, 6.5x55 and 9.3x62.

Carl L.

Corjack
Administrator

Re: A&D FX120i and AutoTrickler V3

Post by Corjack »

I have consider one if these just for the speed. It throws charges fast. However for shooting under 300 yards it may be more than you need as far as accurate charges go. Last week I used a regular RCBS Chargemaster 1500. Got SDs of 5.5 for 9 rounds, and was hitting a spot smaller than a volleyball at 1200 yards. Same load Saturday 5 rounds had an SD of 3.3.

I may buy the Autotrickler yet, just to make it faster as I loaded up 250 rounds fir a match on Sunday, and I figure it would probably save me an hour, vs running two Chargemasters in tandem like I do. Plus a little added accuracy in charge weight can never hurt anything.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Return to “Reloading”