Latest Powder Burn Rate Chart

This forum is for discussion of all reloading-related topics. Sponsored by Shooting Shed-UK

Moderators: deerhunter338mag, Vaughan, stokesrj

Corjack
Administrator

Latest Powder Burn Rate Chart

Post by Corjack »

IMG_2822.JPG
This is from Hodgdon powder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Re: Latest Powder Burn Rate Chart

Post by dchamp »

Thanks for that Ron. My experience with with CFE223, 2000MR and Big Game are all very close in burn rate and performance as is reflected in the chart. But 4000MR is quite different from what I've seen, at least in the 8x68s. When I first got 4000MR I called Alliant and talk with one of their tech's. He said he thought it was somewhere between RL-19 & RL-22. I used QuickLoad with RL-19 to do my load development on 220gn & 250gn bullets and found it to be almost spot on using 4000MR. I use IMR4350, RL16 & VVN550 with 180gn and lighter bullets. I found 4000MR to be slower than the others, not faster as shown on the chart. Puzzling
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

Ado

Post by Ado »

Thanks Ron - in spirit of good sharing - see link below for Reload Swiss powders perhaps for your next chart release:

RS Burnrate Chart April 2020

Corjack
Administrator

Post by Corjack »

Here you go Ado
IMG_2824.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are no fleas on the 9.3s

Booger county time and temp
Click for weather forecast

Return to “Reloading”