Sig P365

All handgun subjects may be discussed here. Sponsored by Canovi & Associates Survival Training.

Moderator: pagosawingnut

ebrownw2
Meister der jagd

Sig P365

Post by ebrownw2 »

Anybody have one of these? The reviews seemed positive and the sales seem to back that up so I have one on the way to me. I don’t have any desire to carry, but thought a compact 9mm in the vehicle that could easily be stuffed in a pocket might have a place.

slugslinger

Re: Sig P365

Post by slugslinger »

I have its predecessor, the P938 which I preferred because of the metal construction. I have just never warmed up to polymer frames.
The P365 has increased capacity (10+1) over the P938 (6 or 7+1) .
If its not going on your person (weight), one of the Officer Model 1911s will work, and some of them come in both 9mm and 45 ACP. The discontinued Springfield Armory Micro in 45 ACP is hard to find, but they still sell it new in 9mm and 380 ACP (not a fan of 380) . . .

Regards,
NRA Patriot Life Endowment Member
USAF Veteran

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I have two friends that have them and they love them. They carry all the time.

charles416mag

Post by charles416mag »

I just got one and I like it a lot! Actually, I’m carrying it right now! I got the 12 round magazines for it. It is a nice carry piece and feels good in the hand. They have good reviews as well. My favorite pistol is still a Glock 19 though. But we will see after owning the p365 for a while. I also have a Glock 43 that I normally carry before buying this one. It is the difference between 6+1 for the Glock 43 and 12+1 for the sig. so let’s just say I’ll be carrying the sig from now on.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound »

I have two, my wife carries one and I the other, but with 12 rd. mag. For a CCW It is great, and shoots great.

Arcturus

Post by Arcturus »

I just bought the P365 Macro, but have not shot it. My subjective impression thus far: (1) typical striker fired pistol trigger; (2) amazing magazine capacity; (3) quite concealable.

Bigskyjon

Post by Bigskyjon »

Bought one about 6 month’s ago. The 365X version, same barrel length as 365 only a longer grip. I like it a lot. Only complaint is, if you run a red dot sight you can’t co witness with the rear sight.

Chamois71

Post by Chamois71 »

My agency policy is that we have to carry a Glock platform both on duty and off (if we want to be covered should the extremely ugly happen while off duty and a sidearm is used)…that being said, I know two of our guys carry these off duty and both have raved about them insofar as ammo capacity/size ratio and overall dependability/reliability. The one comrade is extreme in his testing of a gun he’s going to carry and I know he has had hundreds of rounds of different hollow point and ball thru his with zero complaint.
"That if you properly respect what you are after, and shoot it cleanly and on the animal’s terrain, if you imprison in your mind all the wonder of the day from sky to smell to breeze to flowers—then you have not merely killed an animal. You have lent immortality to a beast you have killed because you loved him and wanted him forever so that you could always recapture the day." —R.Ruark

D16er

Post by D16er »

Ive been carrying one for 3 years! Fits my small/medium hands great, love the fact that I can change grips and slides to dress up or dress down. Recoil for me at least is a bit hefty, I shoot decent but its night and day when I compare my shooting to a Glock 19, understandably so.

Magazines are pricey but arent we in a Blaser Forum!?

Return to “Handguns”