K95 Stock Removal

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

MM
Meister der jagd

K95 Stock Removal

Post by MM »

I have to remove my stock from my K95, any tips or tricks for removal? Anything to watch out for to avoid damage? What size bolt holds it on?
Thanks,
Matt

dchamp
Meister der jagd

Re: K95 Stock Removal

Post by dchamp »

I don't own a K95 therefore I have no idea. If it was me I would call Andre with Blaser down in San Antonio for advice. The guys with Blaser have been very helpful in the past.
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from him. Galileo

The fact that Jellyfish have survived 650 million years, despite not having brains, gives hope to many people. sun-gazing.com

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

You will need a long metric Allen wrench. 3 or 4 mm. I can post a picture tomorrow.

SPEEDY

Post by SPEEDY »

4mm, it's the same as the Sauer stock removal one but I just bought a long extension piece for my screwdriver set, cheaper and more useful.
I'm soft and I don't care. :dance:

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

Like Speedy has verified it is 4mm. If you don’t have a kick stop installed a small steel spacer or washer will be in there. If you have a kick stop then the kick stop adapter is the spacer and stays inserted because it has “barbs” protruding from it that are stuck in the wood. As far as being careful, I would not use anything more destructive that the heel of your hand to loosen the action from the stock as it may be stuck after a few years of use. If you are ever going to break the stock, it would be doing this procedure. Out of curiosity why are you removing the stock? I removed mine just to clean up old oil residue and check for any corrosion etc. I can provide a link to a US supplier of extra long metric T-handle wrenches if you need it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Yellow Lab
Thanks for the info and pictures. I would appreciate the link for the long T handle wrenches because I cannot locate them locally. I am going on a musk ox hunt in March and the outfitter suggested that I degrease the action and tilting block. He is family with the k95 and said it would not function in the cold if I didn’t do this.
Matt

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

https://www.samstagsales.com/amf.htm#extra_long_hex_key

Matt, I bought mine from this place. I have ordered several items from them over the last few years with great results.

Stan

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

Thanks Stan! How long is that T-ha doe wrench?
Matt

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

Matt, it is the 4x350mm version. That equates to about 14 inches. Plenty long for the stock removal.

YellowLab
Meister der jagd

Post by YellowLab »

It’s AMF part/ catalog number 49122

MM
Meister der jagd

Post by MM »

I am going to order the wrench but I did hear back from Blaser USA and they recommended to not remove the stock or degrease. They stated that they use special low temperature oils and grease and the rifle will not stick or lock up at 20-30 below zero Fahrenheit. I hope they are right. I was wondering what the action would look like after 2 trips to Alaska, 2 trips to Montana,Wyoming, Kentucky Ohio Hawaii British Columbia and Texas
Matt

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”