New K95's

Sponsored by Luxus Arms.

Moderators: Gun Barrel Ecologist, Dom, mchughcb, pagosawingnut

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Re: New K95's

Post by secondtry »

Sounds good. Some of the traditionally styled K95s come with a case and a fancy sling - just to confuse you.

The included case and sling used to start with the Black Edition (NOT the Edition) which is one step up from the Luxus. G6 wood, black receiver, gold trigger and jager block. No engraving.

Like your calibre choice, but then I am biased :D . Unless you want real reachout with the 22 barrel, I would go 22H. Good chance of getting accurate factory ammo for the Hornet at a price that won't cripple you.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

secondtry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:36 pm Sounds good. Some of the traditionally styled K95s come with a case and a fancy sling - just to confuse you.

The included case and sling used to start with the Black Edition (NOT the Edition) which is one step up from the Luxus. G6 wood, black receiver, gold trigger and jager block. No engraving.

Like your calibre choice, but then I am biased :D . Unless you want real reachout with the 22 barrel, I would go 22H. Good chance of getting accurate factory ammo for the Hornet at a price that won't cripple you.
Looking at the 2021 catalogue luxus dosn't come with the case, but then it doesnt list a black edition or baronesse anymore either, and looks like all the new k95s will be coming with the new action shape and the engravings have changed slightly again.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

jmesc wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:49 pm
secondtry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:36 pm Sounds good. Some of the traditionally styled K95s come with a case and a fancy sling - just to confuse you.

Looking at the 2021 catalogue luxus dosn't come with the case, but then it doesnt list a black edition or baronesse anymore either, and looks like all the new k95s will be coming with the new action shape and the engravings have changed slightly again.
It's challenging to keep up with it all isn't it ?

Trying to get a handle on the detail, as you are doing, is a major step in getting a result that you're happy with.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

secondtry wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 pm
It's challenging to keep up with it all isn't it ?

Trying to get a handle on the detail, as you are doing, is a major step in getting a result that you're happy with.
Yeah thats the part thats doing my head in the most, i know what i want in my head, but i'm worried its going to be lost in translation or messed up on ordering and after a 12month wait and alot of $ something turns up that isnt correct.

im going to include pictures of all the bits when trying to get a firm price now.

Blasernovice

Post by Blasernovice »

You will love the 7x65R, fantastic calibre. I have the standard model K95 in that calibre, shot a 3.5” group at 550yds with it.

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Post by 9.3x64 »

Blasernovice wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 am You will love the 7x65R, fantastic calibre. I have the standard model K95 in that calibre, shot a 3.5” group at 550yds with it.
Yes I agree. I have both the 7x64, and the 7x65R, both have proven exceptional deer calibers for long and close shots.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Final pricing has been achieved, does anyone know if the ebony forend is wood/ebony or just a plastic cap on the k95?

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

jamesc wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:38 am Final pricing has been achieved, does anyone know if the ebony forend is wood/ebony or just a plastic cap on the k95?
Well done. Both my 2018 and 2019 Catalogs say "ebony" for the Attache and for the Baronesse. Mine is a Black Edition (lower grade than those two and I think mine is synthetic of some sort. I think I have checked this in the past and the answer was synthetic.

Blaser may be the only source for a definite reply. The material may vary depending on the grade or options selected. IIRC, the price of options such as the tip (which looks really good in IMO) was the reason I simply ordered a higher grade.

stokesrj

Post by stokesrj »

My K95 Luxus and K95 Stutzen are both ebony, my BD14 Luxus is plastic, but a very good plastic that is hard to distinguish from the ebony.
Robert J Stokes

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

Curiosity go the better of me, so out with the loupe for a good look. My K95 Black Edition looks to be ebony. My stutzen Edition has a few marks, but looks to be synthetic. I don't see any contradiction there as the Edition is close to the bottom of the range, whereas the Black Edition was up the scale a couple of notches, and Bob's custom Stutzen is even further up the scale.

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Ok , the price list describes it as ebony and for a $800 AUD cost I'd hope it really is...

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

jamesc wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 pm Ok , the price list describes it as ebony and for a $800 AUD cost I'd hope it really is...
Further just checking the price list it states:
"K95 Stutzen: Vorderschaftabschluss aus schwarzem Kunststoff, konstruktionsbedingt kein Vorderschaftabschluss Ebenholz möglich"
"K95 Stutzen: Forend end made of black plastic, due to the design, ebony fore end end is not possible"

So hopefully the rest come with a real ebony forend.

secondtry
Meister der jagd

Post by secondtry »

jamesc wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:56 pm
jamesc wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:16 pm Ok , the price list describes it as ebony and for a $800 AUD cost I'd hope it really is...
Further just checking the price list it states:
"K95 Stutzen: Vorderschaftabschluss aus schwarzem Kunststoff, konstruktionsbedingt kein Vorderschaftabschluss Ebenholz möglich"
"K95 Stutzen: Forend end made of black plastic, due to the design, ebony fore end end is not possible"

So hopefully the rest come with a real ebony forend.
Makes sense to me. Fingers crossed. :)

jamesc

Post by jamesc »

Post man came today with a package containing a sling and scope mounts for the new rifle and a bonus screw driver. Got one SR rail mount and one standard ring mount without rings as I wasn't decided on what size scope it will be yet.

mchughcb

Post by mchughcb »

Keep that screw driver its worth a fortune.

Return to “Drillings, Combinations, Doubles and Singles”