(Brand, and type of primer) Remington 6 1/2

(COAL) 1.750”

(CBTO)

(FPS/MPS) 2900 FPS

(Rifle) Blaser BD14

(Barrel Length) 58 cm

(Scope) ZEISS Victory V8 1.1-8x30

(Weather conditions & temp) 25c Slight wind

(Accuracy @ 100 yards/meters) 4 shots into one hole. Group under .5 inches.

(Notes)
Lee crimp die used.
Compressed charge very long drop tube used.
Last edited by 9.3x64 on Sat May 18, 2019 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

stokesrj

Re: .22 Hornet

Post by stokesrj »

That is the same load my K95 loves. I have to adjust the powder load slightly for different cases. The RWS cases will not hold more than 12.8 grains. As a side note, I also get slightly better accuracy and much more consistent velocity with small pistol primers. You might want to give them a side by side trial sometime although what you have is plenty good enough. That 40 gr V-Max is very explosive even on Racoon sized animals exit holes can be huge. I had one quartering towards me entering inside the front shoulder and exiting the abdomen with a 3ft trail of intestines out the other side. On Rabbits the head is completely gone. But on Steinbuck and coyote sized animals it cleanly kills them with little to no hide damage.
Robert J Stokes

9.3x64
Meister der jagd

Re: .22 Hornet

Post by 9.3x64 »

stokesrj wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:23 am That is the same load my K95 loves. I have to adjust the powder load slightly for different cases. The RWS cases will not hold more than 12.8 grains. As a side note, I also get slightly better accuracy and much more consistent velocity with small pistol primers. You might want to give them a side by side trial sometime although what you have is plenty good enough. That 40 gr V-Max is very explosive even on Racoon sized animals exit holes can be huge. I had one quartering towards me entering inside the front shoulder and exiting the abdomen with a 3ft trail of intestines out the other side. On Rabbits the head is completely gone. But on Steinbuck and coyote sized animals it cleanly kills them with little to no hide damage.
Yes I am wrapped in the little Hornet.
13.2 grains is quite compressed and I have to use a very long drop tube and be very cautious, but with a little patience it is fine.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly dog.
Hunt with a German Shorthaired Pointer.

Return to “22 Hornet Database”